Another List Meme
I really shouldn't be spending my time this way...
- Make a list of 5 things you can see without getting up:
- Diagram of the theobromine molecule.
- Photo of the Columbia Glacier, taken by spouse (hereinafter "The Ritual Artist") during honeymoon.
- Faux-photo from Star Trek: The Experience showing me standing with the cast of Deep Space Nine.
- Second draft of a 8,900-word fantasy-horror story, with corrections scribbled all over it.
- Visual diagram (about 15" high by 60" long) showing the History of the American Political Parties, 1789-2005.
- How do you style your hair?
Brushed straight back, like Trotsky.
- What are you wearing now?
Very thick wool sweater, blue, beige and turquoise pattern.
- What’s your occupation?
College professor; wannabe fiction writer.
- The best thing to happen to you as of late?
Judged the Greater New England Regional Mock Trial Competition yesterday. Fun.
- What is one word you would use to describe yourself?
- What's your current fandom/obsession/addiction?
At this instant, it's Doctor Who. But I slide in and out of fandom obsessions.
- What was the last thing you ate today?
Whole wheat (light) English muffin with neufchatel and raspberry jam, blood orange slices and a cup of tea. (Actually that was breakfast, but it's taken me a while to complete this meme.)
- What was the last text message you received?
Message from my daughter (herinafter "The Artist Formerly Known As") telling me that she'd learned to text-message.
- What websites do you always visit when you go online?
Live Journal; Duotrope.
- What was the last thing you bought?
Birthday present for The Ritual Artist. Not telling what it was
- What are you listening to right now?
A windstorm outside my window.
- What do you think about before you go to bed at night?
Before I go to bed? Mm, the nightly shut-down checklist: dishwasher, doors, lights, bags for the morning, etc.
- What was the last cd you bought?
Mm, probably the sound track to Prisoner of Azkaban as an Xmas gift for The Artist Formerly Known As.
- What is your favo
urite weather, and why?
The mid-May sunshine, while blossoms are still on the air, of the first day of my vacation after Commencement. I take off my shoes and walk down to the beach.
- If you could play any musical instrument, which one would you play?
Guitar. (I did try…)
- How are you?
Well enough, thank you.
- What's something you'd like to say to someone right now?
Aw, c'mon, take a chance on that story! Please! Pleeeeeeeeeze….
- What's one of your favo
- What's your dream job?
Full-time fiction writer (I think…)